Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Giving is the best gift you can receive.

Since I was a little girl I've always been very giving.
When I was 7 my mom bought me a gold bracelet and had my name engraved on it for my birthday. After she took me to the movies. While there a little girl sitting next to me looked at my bracelet and said: Ahh this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, I wish I could have one. Immediately without thinking I took the bracelet from my arm and gave it to her saying; Here you can have it.
Needless to say when my mom found out on our way home, she was just furious and grounded me the whole weekend and cancelled my birthday party.
Well that did not change who I was, and as far as I can remember I was always getting in trouble for giving too much.

The reason why I am sharing this story with you is because I want to announce that it gives me tremendous satisfaction to soon be able to send everyone a special "Frosted Kiss Cupcakes" cupcake for you to enjoy and impress your taste buds!


Over the years as I , we , the world watches the plait in Africa I often ask myself; why can't we help more, why can't we give more. That's why I have teemed up with a great organization Marera Community Self-help Projecthttp://mareracshp.org/  www.mareracshp.org to give 15% of all sales of FrostedKissCupcakes.com to help African women and children to empower themselves through profitable work, health care and schooling for their children and themselves.
Please help more,  click on www.mareracshp.org to find out more and become an active force that makes a difference.
Thank You.


Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment